You can’t trust Facebook. Don’t trust Facebook. Dittos for Google, Slack, and Microsoft. Still, people who seem intelligent depend on apps provided by those firms for their real-time communications.
If that sounds like you, please stop!
Wire gives you the perfect communications platform for online security. It provides secure, “privacy-friendly” voice, video, chats, and file sharing.
Use Wire for secure messaging
I find that Wire’s unique interface is both intuitive and convenient. Even better, you don’t have to divulge your phone number to register for the service and chat.
Here’s a sample of the features you get from Wire:
- End-to-end encrypted chats, calls, and files
- Crystal clear voice and video calling
- File and screen sharing
- Timed messages and chats
- Synced across your phone, desktop, and tablet
Wire is based in Switzerland and maintains servers in Ireland and Germany. Therefore, you minimize your exposure to the abuses and intrusions for which the U.S. Government is known.
According to Wire, Your chats and account are protected by the best data protection laws. Does that mean that your voice and video calls are not protected by the best data protection laws?
Wire is a free messaging service when you use it for personal use. It gives you a way to stay in touch with friends, family members, and small communities without involving Big Tech.
In other words, by ditching mainstream alternatives from Google and Facebook, you can improve your online security as well as the quality and convenience of your communications.
How can Wire be free?
Wire has an open communications policy. They explain that Wire Personal is free because it’s paid for by premium, “Pro” customers who use it for business purposes.
If you own or manage a business, why would you allow untrustworthy companies such as Facebook and Google to monitor and record your privileged communications?
Don’t you know that Big Tech sells the information they have about you, your team members, trade secrets, and other data? Don’t you know that your competitors can buy your private business communications and files?
Wire Pro is the solution your business needs. It provides a safe, private environment for secure team collaboration and messaging.
You’ll love Wire’s features:
- Combining group messaging,
- Voice and video calls.
- File sharing,
- End-to-end encrypted chats, calls, and files.
- Secure guest rooms for external stakeholders and guests (they won’t need a Wire account to participate).
- One-click video and audio conference calls.
- Full administrative controls
- Designed for business.
- Complies with GDPR.
Important: Products such as Slack or Microsoft Teams store the keys needed to decrypt all communications that use their servers. For this reason, they can capture your proprietary information and either use it against you or sell it.
Wire doesn’t have keys that can decrypt your communications on their server. In other words, they know that you’re using your Wire account, but they can’t see what you’re doing.
Wire is free for personal use.
To use Wire for business, you should first sign up for a free 30-day trial. You don’t have to enter payment information, so you can use the trial risk-free.
After 30-days, you can choose to continue using the software for a fee of $5 per user per month.
For enterprise-class customers, you will need to contact Wire to get a custom quote.
Discounts for non-profit and educational institutions are available.
Feel safe and secure with Wire
Here are some other things that I like about Wire:
• Audited. Wire is the most extensively publicly audited collaboration and communication software on the market.
• Multiple devices. One account works on up to 8 devices. Messages are encrypted for each device.
• Participant fingerprinting. You can stop worrying that competitors, government agents, and other snoops are participating in your online meetings.
• Fresh. Every call gets fresh encryption keys, helping to ensure ongoing security.
• Open source. If you don’t trust what Wire says about their software, audit it yourself on GitHub.
Is Wire perfect?
No. You should never behave as though you have complete online security because you don’t.
However, Wire gives you a business and personal communications platform that dramatically improves your online security over alternatives offered by U.S.-based tech firms.
Quick tip: Use Wire to communicate from any and all of your devices for video and voice calling. Wire also provides secure chat and file sharing. Sign up today: https://wire.com/.